The Law Office of Lela J. Davis is a solo woman-owned firm established in 1996 with the primary goal of providing clients with high quality legal services at an affordable cost. Probate and estate administrationEstate planning including the drafting of wills, trusts, and POAsGuardianships for disabled adultsFamily law including divorce, separation, child support and custodyReal estate including closings for sales and purchase, litigation including evictions, quiet title actions and partition actions.
The office is located in South Holland, Illinois and provides legal services to clients in the city of Chicago, its surrounding southern suburbs and Will County.
Lela J. Davis has practiced law in the state of Illinois for over 30 years and has vast experience in many areas of the law. Before establishing the firm, Lela J. Davis worked as a lawyer for government agencies and for large commercial businesses in both legal and business management positions. This cast array of experience gives her the unique and thorough perspective to attack your legal issue. The office concentrates in the practice areas of:
Certifications and Licenses
- Bar of the State of Illinois, 1986
- Federal Bar, United State District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1986
- Federal Institute for Trial Advocacy, 1988
- Federal Trial Bar, 1990
- Certified Arbitrator for the Cook County Court System, 1990, Re-certifications 2002, 2018
Bar Association Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Black Women's Lawyers Association
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Mississippi College of Law, 1986; Law Review
- Master of Arts, Northern Illinois University, 1978
- Bachelor of Science, Northwestern University